The festive season of Diwali is around the corner. The nip in the air and the lights and decorations all around create the perfect atmosphere of cheer and celebration. Diwali is also that time of the year when we spruce up our spaces to welcome the light and the good vibes into our homes. It’s also a great time of the year to invite people over and host parties.
So, if you’re looking to make your home Diwali ready, then here are 5 things you can try.
- A rangoli at the entrance: A beautiful rangoli at your doorstep unmistakably marks the arrival of the Diwali season. Don’t hesitate to experiment with your rangoli this year, and make use of flower petals, organic colours, and grains to decorate it.
- It’s all about the lights: Diwali is the festival of lights, and the more the lights in the home, the brighter it will look—literally and otherwise. Light up your home with earthen lamps, diyas, scented candles, fairy lights and LED lights.
- The autumnal spring clean: The nip in the air tells us that we’re well into the autumn season, but there’s no better time than Diwali to de-clutter and reorganize your home. Not only will your home look significantly brighter and cleaner after this, but it’ll also be much more organized and efficient.
- Floral decorations: Seasonal flowers like rose and marigold make for popular decorations during the Diwali season. A quick and easy way to decorate your home this Diwali is to bring in as many flowers as you can to spruce up your home.
- Festive colours and textures: Diwali is all about the rich festive colours like green, red and yellow. You can incorporate them into your home décor by switching up the fabrics like your drapes, lampshades, curtains, cushions and rugs.
Looking to buy a home this Diwali? Explore the finest selection of 2 BHK flats & apartments in Wakad, Pune, at Vaastu Viva, a premium residential project by BU Bhandari Landmarks.